- This event has passed.
Houston – Don’t Sign That Proposal
September 25, 2019 @ 6:30 am - 8:00 am
Was a vendor’s proposal signed? Now there is a default but the association does not seem to have a remedy. You are stuck and the association is looking for someone to compensate it. Could the board be looking at the manager or management company? Make sure you are not placed in this situation. This seminar will teach you how to avoid this situation and more about the following topics:
- Know what should be in an association contract with its vendors.
- What is a reasonable indemnity?
- What happens with non-compliant work?
- Can the association terminate the contract?
- How do I get the association out of this contract?
- How much insurance should the association require of its vendors?
- What things should an Association never agree to?
Join Shareholder Marc Markel as he takes you through what you need to know to avoid placing you and the association in this predicament.
This course is approved by the Community Association Managers International Certification Board (CAMICB) to fulfill 1 hour of continuing education requirements for the CMCA certification.
The class is now full. Sign-up for our waitlist below and if a spot becomes available we will contact you as soon as possible.